[ExI] A humble suggestion

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 02:03:39 UTC 2010

Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a real opposition to
> science itself that
> has stubbornly persisted, no matter what technology
> does.  A good way to
> make people like science is to use it to solve their
> horrible problems.

Using science to solve problems *is* technology.  So if your first sentence is true, your second can't be.

We live in a world where science/technology has solved a huge number of horrible problems, and as you say, opposition to science still persists.

People are swayed by their emotions, not logic.  If you want to turn people on to technology and science, pointing at their mobile phones and central heating is no use.  You need to study how it is that god-botherers and insurance companies can thrive, instead.

Ben Zaiboc