[ExI] Paleo/Primal health

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 22:06:43 UTC 2010

On 17 November 2010 22:48, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably the single biggest diet problem in the US today is
> overeating. Just getting everyone to eat the right number of
> calories--whether it's deep fried Twinkies or raw meat, nuts, and
> fruit, would dramatically improve our health. The "paleo" diet is fine
> for anyone who wants to follow it, I just think it's wrong to argue
> that it's "the right diet for everyone".

Even though it may not be a general rule, most species have regulating
mechanisms which prevent individual before unlimited supplies of food to
guzzle themselves to death.

The very fact that with a carbohydrate-based diet addiction and tolerance
immediately kick in, so that objective scarcity or deliberate life-long
restriction are required to prevent weight gain, seems to suggest that that
at the very least it disrupts such mechanisms in human beings.

Not only for carbo, for that matter. "Naturally", nobody routinely eats 200g
of butter in a serving. Unless of course it is spread on bread loafs.

--
Stefano Vaj