[ExI] Top N things I might like to be.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 1 23:05:40 UTC 2010

> Alan wrote:
>
> "2a (tie) Alternate physicality the crazy side of my mind has been
> obsessed with for many long years. -- Someone once called the idea a
> "gestalt being", basically a bunch of fairly humanoid beings merged
> together either completely or as you please. Semi-independent
> consciousness, really weirds out the sane side of my mind, never the
> less tied for #2."

> Already happening in a rudimentary sense, via the Internet and those who
> have either wittingly or unwittingly become Network cyborgs with all its
> psychological manifestations -- abstract neural-linguistic programming,
> communal on-line memory far more powerful than our biological
> capabilities, cultural coding and de-coding and brand new semiotic
> education, as well as social and cultural re-alignments regardless of
> physical location.

I'm not sure you understood what I meant. I don't see any such process
that would seem to lead towards a qualitative jump into an actual
physical union.

> 2b (tie) Absurd hedonistic body #5.

> Also already happening thanks to 2a and re-definitions of what is moral
> and ethical based on the influence of highly organized virtual
> subcultures without regard, once more, to physical location and dominant
> cultural practice within it.

I wasn't even considering moral or ethical constraints much less legal
constraints. I was vaguely alluding to a mode of physical existence that
would be difficult to achieve and maintain; offer no practical benefit,
and in the final analysis, be little more than an extremely expensive
way to stimulate the pleasure centers of my natural brain.

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.