[ExI] Top N things I might like to be. (repost)

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:29:03 UTC 2010

Alan wrote:

"2a (tie) Alternate physicality the crazy side of my mind has been
obsessed with for many long years. -- Someone once called the idea a
"gestalt being", basically a bunch of fairly humanoid beings merged
together either completely or as you please. Semi-independent
consciousness, really weirds out the sane side of my mind, never the
less tied for #2."

Already happening in a rudimentary sense, via the Internet and those who
have either wittingly or unwittingly become Network cyborgs with all its
psychological manifestations -- abstract neural-linguistic programming,
communal on-line memory far more powerful than our biological capabilities,
cultural coding and de-coding and brand new semiotic education, as well as
social and cultural re-alignments regardless of physical location.

2b (tie) Absurd hedonistic body #5.

Also already happening thanks to 2a and re-definitions of what is moral and
ethical based on the influence of highly organized virtual subcultures
without regard, once more, to physical location and dominant cultural
practice within it.

> "5. Human and thankful he was able to avoid the brain-control chip that
> the government looks like it's getting ready to force on everybody come
> ten to fifteen years.. =("

Who might be plentiful, thanks to organized resistance using technological
know-how and subversion tactics learned by those in camps 2a and b. Aided by
our governments complete lack of understanding regarding cultural and
technological gestalt and how it might occur, how it is already occurring.
And, of course, the common misconception that regionally legislated morality
and ethics is any longer sufficient to hold modern societies together.

:)

Thanks Alan. That fit in pretty well with an e-mail I wrote this morning.

Darren