[ExI] Fwd: [Cosmic Engineers] Re: Sharing/engineering proposal

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 21:17:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Ben Zaiboc wrote:

> Just because people's consciousnesses are housed in safer containers doesn't
> mean they'd automatically abandon the physical world.  Yes, VR will have its
> appeal, I'd be the first to admit, and I'd love to have holidays in fantasmagorical
> worlds, but I'd still want to work in the 'real' world, drive a set of synthetic bodies,
> be able to explore and work in environments that my original meat body would
> perish in.

But the real world would be so  S....L......O.......W  compared with VR life.

Why spend a year trying to build something in the real world when a
comparable event could be done in a few seconds (real time) in VR and
similar satisfaction obtained?

Remember VR life will be on a recursive improvement route micro second
by micro second. You won't go back to real life. It would be like
visiting statues.

BillK