[ExI] Meta was Psi in a major science journal

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 02:29:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Anna Taylor <femmechakra at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> --- On Thu, 10/21/10, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From: Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
>
>> The meta question is why people are so attracted to this
>> subject.
>
>> The answer, of course, has roots in our evolutionary past,
>> but the connection is not clear to me.
>
> I agree. I strongly believe in psi(not the terms and relentless gibberish that most associate with the term). It seems to me that everyone to a certain extent has the ability to perceive psi yet it occurs unexpectedly, randomly and/or without awareness that it becomes close to impossible to research.  Most people I've discussed it with claim to have at least one psi phenomenon occurrence in their lifetime.

I have had several.  But is psi the only possible explanation?  Trans
cranial magnetic stimulation to the right area will give you the
feeling you are in the presence of God.  How many of these psi
feelings are the result of a local misfiring of brain tissue?

> I think in the future we will probably see more studies leaning towards the memory of genes in association with psi. (I can't explain why yet but still "feel" a link with the association..lol) What if psi phenomenon is built in mechanically as an evolutionary mechanism?  I'm not really sure there will ever be proof of psi but I believe the subject to be an important one.  We don't fully understand what the mind is capable of achieving.  Imho, it is the relentless need and desire to go beyond the plain facts to discover something new about human beings  that makes the subject so interesting.

The meta question is why people feel strongly that psi exists when it
is *so* marginal if it exists at all.

Keith