[ExI] Meat to grind: Singularity.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Oct 24 02:29:15 UTC 2010

> 2010/10/23 Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
>> This game is both interesting and deeply flawed. I was wondering if some
>> of the ppl on this list would be interested in hacking it a little and
>> then showing us what they could come up with.
>
> I don't know how flawed you think it is. A lot of people in the
> singularity community have put time into the game and its development,
> though, so it's not exactly something being developed in isolation.
> For instance, there's a number of players of the game over at SIAI.

Interesting.

Okay, here are some of the flaws:

1. Only one strategic option: Stealth (no NAO-robot apocalypse, no "lets
be friends", etc")

2. Little consideration of the impacts of basically half the workers on
the planet being your drones.

3. Little appreciation for the radically changing economic dynamics as
the AI transitions from relying on external resources to it's own
manufacturing capacity.

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.