[ExI] Precog PCs

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Oct 24 22:54:42 UTC 2010

On 10/24/2010 5:11 PM, Alan Grimes wrote:

> It should be noted that "retro causal" signaling HAS BEEN OBSERVED in
> nuclear magnetic resonance imaging studies. During my brief stint at the
> Carnegie Institute of Washington one of the researchers there showed me
> a printout showing a signal about 1/4th as strong as the main signal
> *propagating backwards through time*.

Yes. This has been dubbed "presentiment" and has been found in quite a
few studies where autonomic responses are recorded (including a few
databases compiled independently for different purposes, and reexamined
in light of this effect).

The advance responses tend to be associated with strong emotionally
charged events (feelthy pictures, blasts of noise, pix of shocking
wounds or accidents) but not with bland neutral stimuli. This is
consistent with an affordance selected by evolution. It doesn't happen
every time, and the signal has to be factored out from the background
noise and jitter. But it's repeatable, and has been repeated
sufficiently often now in different labs to make it pretty clear that
this is a real phenomenon.

Damien Broderick