[ExI] No link between original and copy? Denied!

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Thu Oct 28 13:50:43 UTC 2010

Alan Grimes wrote:
> I'm feeling about ten different emotions about this subject simultaneously.
>
> My post the other day had many intents, despite being written as a
> bedtime flash of inspiration.
>
> First, as I have already shown, it effectively tricked the uploaders
> into arguing against their own fetish by forcing them to argue that no
> link of any kind exists between the original an the copy.

This is emphatically not true:  you must not have read my post carefully
enough.

If the original is destroyed at the same time as the copy is made
functional, this case is exactly equivalent to the case where the
original you just sits there and nothing happens (except that you
experience a sudden jump from the physical location of the original to
the physical location of the copy).

If you insist on using your above phrasing to describe this case (You
said "[I have forced the uploaders] to argue that no link of any kind
exists between the original an the copy") then you are obliged to ALSO
agree that there is no link of any kind between the you of now and the
you of a few seconds from now.

Until you understand this fundamental point you will continue to be
confused about the claims you are arguing against.

Richard Loosemore