[ExI] Flash of insight...

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Oct 31 22:00:00 UTC 2010

On 10/31/2010 4:44 PM, ablainey at aol.com wrote:

> considering the size of our skin and the massive level of sensory
> information it creates, its interesting that the I isn't more body centric.

I suspect it is more delocalized for expert gymnasts.

Also interesting that in NDE reports, many people claim to experience
themselves as "floating above" their damaged bodies (although still
"visuo"-centric, I gather). Susan Blackmore explains this as deriving
from a wireframe model of body and surrounds that we supposedly build
and keep current at an unconscious level; NDEs would then be a sort of
imaginal transposition of one's constructed sense of location to a point
*outside* the wireframe, or at least to a different  part of it beyond
the body's boundaries.

Damien Broderick