[ExI] Two Paths to Further Shrink Computer Chips

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 2 17:36:29 UTC 2010

On Sep 1, 2010, at 11:07 PM, Tomasz Rola wrote:

> But first, from what I've read, they have to solve problem of getting
> enough power in, and next, of getting heat out of it.

In yet another development made just a couple of weeks ago, an important improvement in room temperature Spintronics was made; the great fundamental advantage is that it takes much much less energy to change the spin of an electron than to move an electric charge around. Up to now computer chips have not made use of a property of electrons every bit as fundamental as their charge, their spin.

http://www.nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=39670

  John K Clark