[ExI] don't let your guard down, not for a minute...

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 07:58:23 UTC 2010

On 9/9/10, spike  wrote:
> Really, what do you make of this?

In a throw-away comment in a five-hour interview, Fidel Castro told a
visiting American journalist that the "Cuban model" no longer works,
an apparent admission of failings in the communist economic model
introduced by his revolution more than 50 years ago.

So, he had 50 years of trying to improve the horrible leftovers of the
corrupt and repressive Batista regime. Not too bad, really.

I think he is now being realistic, same as his brother who now runs Cuba.

In todays world, if we had any honest leaders in any country, they
would all be saying
'Our xxxxxx model no longer works'.

(Change xxxxx as needed for every country in the world).

BillK