[ExI] help please, from you creative types

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Sep 22 20:56:06 UTC 2010

> 2010/9/22 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
> > standards of proof are such that a digital photo is usually more than
> > sufficient... spike

> ...On Behalf Of Ryan Rawson
>
> Send the image to a trusted 3rd party, eg: a notary who will
> sign that they received it as such and such time.
>
> In applied cryptography there are a number of crypto-oriented
> protocols for proving things like this.
>
> -ryan

Thanks Ryan, actually we already have that: the testimony of a coupla
fellers we hired to help us that day.  But they are busy and one of them
does not want to be anywhere near the courthouse for any reason (details not
available on request.)  We could email the photos to a third party, ja, but
is there any way to use just the digital camera and not bother third parties
at all?

I thought of a way using a video camera.  Go to this site:

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java

and take a video of the screen, then take the same camera outside and make a
video of the lads doing the task.  However that requires a video camera.

With a digital still camera, one could take a digital photo of the screen at
the above site, but then that could be faked: bring up the site, do a screen
capture with alt-print screen, ctrl V into microsloth PowerPoint, then a
week later, get the digital camera, put PP into slideshow mode so that that
screen capture from last week fills the screen, set the camera clock back a
week and take the picture.  A with the newspaper trick, one could fake
backwards easily, but not forwards.