[ExI] help please, from you creative types

Tim Halterman timhalterman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 21:22:38 UTC 2010

> I thought of a way using a video camera.  Go to this site:
>
> http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java
>
> and take a video of the screen, then take the same camera outside and make
> video of the lads doing the task.  However that requires a video camera.
>
> With a digital still camera, one could take a digital photo of the screen
> at
> the above site, but then that could be faked: bring up the site, do a
> screen
> capture with alt-print screen, ctrl V into microsloth PowerPoint, then a
> week later, get the digital camera, put PP into slideshow mode so that that
> screen capture from last week fills the screen, set the camera clock back a
> week and take the picture.  A with the newspaper trick, one could fake
> backwards easily, but not forwards.
>
> spike

Would be easier to create a fake version of the site and change your host
file to display whatever url you want.  It could update just like the normal
site and fool a video camera as well.

If the location of the work is not in question, and you can determine GPS
coordinates of the camera shot you could take a picture of celestial bodies,
the sun the moon perhaps.. at dusk some stars possibly?   You'd need some
pretty precise measurements I'd think to determine down to the day but I do
believe it would be possible.  Outside of altering the image that should be
tamperproof.

I'll be the first to say that I don't think that it'll be easy to do.

-Tim