[ExI] Mind uploading via Gmail

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:55:02 UTC 2010

1) Why would BCI-extracted information be a part of GMail?  Adding such
things makes it
fundamentally different than an email client - different enough that it
would likely have a
different name.  Thus, saying "GMail" specifically makes this consideration
moot.  (Now, if
you said "GMail, or services extended from GMail including BCI-extracted
emotional
semantic
difference, but it isn't.)

2) When they start extracting said information via BCI, they'll have already
started making
an upload of you, whether or not you've given permission.  They will likely
insist on
resolving any permission issues at that time, and therefore, any previous
permissions -
even ones given by subsequently dead folk - will almost certainly be
disregarded as legally
impossible to have given for want of context, regardless of the letter of
what was said.
(Judging based on existing precedent.  Even in the Singularity, some things
can be
predicted.)