[ExI] End of time?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 02:51:33 UTC 2010

Spike wrote:
I was scared senseless that the Big Rip is 5 million years from now.  But
when they clarified it is 5 billion years hence, I calmed a bit.

Spike, I don't blame you for being scared senseless!  If calorie
restriction diets, Kurzweillian predictions, or cryonics pan out, five
million years will just not be enough time to have fun!

Oh, I very much enjoyed your post about the elementary school science
fair.  I remember doing one in junior high school where my
self-assigned topic was asteroid mining! lol  I realize, you are now
wondering, did John build a space craft, make it out to the asteroid
belt, and then bring a big rock back?  Well, actually, my "experiment"
was more like me "daydreaming with paper, cardboard and models" about
the asteroid mining of some future time (who would have ever guessed
that years later I would love posting on the Extropy list and become
very infatuated with transhumanism).

I received a D minus for my effort, which I deserved because it was
not a *science experiment!*  I wish that teacher had been at your
school doling out grades, because she would not have shirked her duty.
 Oh, and she could have passed for being Amara's sister! lol

John  : )