[ExI] Paleo lifespan

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 20:01:36 UTC 2011

On 3 April 2011 20:43, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Granted, the Hadza have tobacco, which traditional hunter gatherers
> did not have to deal with, but this hardly sounds like a group that
> lives to an average age of 70. I don't know how you would come up with
> an average mortality of 70 in groups like this. It just doesn't seem
> possible.

No, it is undisputed that they do not have a life expectation of 70.

What  we are discussing here however is lifespan, meaning that they
*can* attain such an age, and even more, while doing that has only
quite recently been again made possible for medically-pampered,
disease-affected, functionally-impaired middle-class westerners.

If we can both reduce to nil the chance of being killed by a mamba
snake *and* profit from a healthier lifestyle, we would be have the
best of both worlds, wouldn't we?

An entirely different issue is whether a paleo lifestyle would be
sustainable on a global basis. The answer here is obviously no (there
was a reason after all for the neolithic revolution), but this also
true for an undefinitely growing post-neolithic society, and is
precisely  where transhumanism comes into play...

--
Stefano Vaj