[ExI] Efficiency of wind power

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Apr 7 20:44:57 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Damien
Broderick

>I don't suppose anyone here has even the slightest curiosity about the
alleged Rossi process:

<http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3144827.ece>

>Damien Broderick

It's bogus Damien.  A huge hint is the comment that the used powder contains
10% copper.  It suggested proton capture to transform nickel to copper, but
to do that would require the presence of a lot of the rare-ish (~3%) isotope
nickel62 doing the proton capture (never mind how such a wacky event could
be happening.)

Otherwise, if we imagine the copper is formed by a neutron decay (never mind
how) the nickel atom would form copper62 which has a half life of about 10
minutes.  This we can nail before we go to the trouble of calculating the
nucleon energy transitions.

Into the bit bucket with it.