[ExI] Efficiency of wind power.

John Clark Jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 9 17:24:40 UTC 2011

The trouble with wind farms is that windmills create a wind shadow behind them, the bigger the windmill the bigger the shadow, and that means the further apart you must space your windmills, and that means the more land you must buy, and that means the more expensive it becomes. Nobody would bother building wind farms at all except for the massive tax breaks and other incentives offered by governments; but I think if they're really all hot and bothered over global warming (I'm not) they'd do better forgetting about wind farms and offering tax breaks to people who paint their roofs white and insist that all new highways be constructed using light colored concrete not jet black asphalt.

When and if wind power becomes economical tax breaks will not be needed to bribe people to build windmills.

  John K Clark