[ExI] Rossi

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Apr 8 06:58:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 03:37:32PM -0500, Damien Broderick wrote:
> On 4/7/2011 2:54 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
>>> <http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3144827.ece>
>>
>> The known fraudster (illegal gold import and tax fraud) Andrea Rossi?
>
> You mean the obsessive Biblical interpreter and alchemical madman Isaac
> Newton?
>
> Or the many tax dodgers and gold hoarders on this list?

Damien, do you remember how many scientists could find
no fault with spiritual media of yore? Yet at closer
inquiry by professionals experienced in charlatan
exposure they turned out frauds.

> As a physicist associate commented:
>
> <Note however the involvement of the chairman of the energy committee of
> the Royal Swedish Academy, which should count for something.>
>
> Whatever.

Science doesn't work that way. There's nothing wrong with
wanting to believe a piece of good news. There's plenty of
wrong with being gullible enough to fall for common crooks
camouflaging as scientists.

I wasn't looking for that guy, but I kept hearing mentions
of him, including first hand accounts of students at the
school he teaches.

I did a websearch of on him in conjunctions with Randi, and
I did post an URL of the thread discussing him. Do read it,
and form your own opinion. I did.