[ExI] Meat and the paleo diet, again

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Apr 17 02:53:21 UTC 2011

> "MB" <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote,
>> Does anyone else remember the McRib from McDonalds? That was a pre-formed pasty
>> sandwich filling patty porkish thing (with extra sweet fake barbecue sauce).  If
>> that is what "vat-grown meat" is like it will, IMHO, fail, badly.
>
> I remember that abomination.  I ate it before I turned vegetarian in
> 1986.  (I wonder if there is a connection.)

Heh. I can see why you might wonder! :))) I only tried McRib once. Yuk. Vat-grown
meat has *got* to be better, much better, or it will never get market share!

> When I eat a soy steak with A1 sauce, I might be tempted to think,
> "Worst steak I ever tasted!"  Until I remember that I am eating
> soybeans, and then I think, "Best salad I ever tasted!"

Fresh green soybeans are delicious, used to grow them in my veggie garden, but now
must steer clear of soy, it conflicts with my thyroid med. :(

I was vegetarian for some years, but really do like meat. Never stopped missing it,
dreamed about it. And when the $$ came back the meat came back into my diet.

Regards,
MB