[ExI] kurzweil movie

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Wed Apr 20 21:08:37 UTC 2011

Max More wrote:
> Spike: Yes, I was a little surprised at not being interviewed for the
> film. I presume it's either because I'm not famous enough (most
> likely) or because I'm a Singularity skeptic (but didn't the director
> include others?).

Overall, the filmmaker seemed to choose people according to some
non-obvious scheme. I think few good arguments were shown from critics
or supporters, yet he had apparently filmed a whole host of people who
did not even appear in the film. But I suspect he was less interested in
a talking heads movie where people give firm arguments and rebuttals,
and more a movie about the grand circle around Ray.

> The shots of Ray, Shatner, and me (Natasha was also nearby) were taken
> at the reception after Shatner's very entertaining and remarkably
> well-informed talk at the Chicago TransVision conference in 2007. (If
> it's online and you haven't seen it, I recommend watching it.)

I recognized it, and was pretty amused by knowing that I was indirectly
in the movie, only visible in reflections in wine glasses and
chandeliers :-)

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute