[ExI] pale diet again: RE: It's not only the fittest who survive.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:44:30 UTC 2011

On 17 April 2011 20:02, Harvey Newstrom <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:

> Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote,
> > Yes, we agree that if must have carbs at all long-chain, hi-fiber,
> diluted,
> > carbs, in a caloric restriction framework, are a lot safer and healthier.
> >
> > This is also true for heroin, however, and it could be contended that a
> > heroin flash is more satisfactory to many people. :-)
>
> This is merely an assertion that carbs are as bad as heroin.

This is merely an assertion that heroin is bad, which all in all is not
really true for anybody at anytime. But, yes, I think that we can live
better without both heroin and grains/sugar, and that in most circumstances
it would be advisable to do so.

> Every cell of our body has mitochondria churning away at the Krebs Cycle
> to process carbs for energy.  Every muscle in our body burns carbs to
> move.  Our brain requires carbs to function.  We store carbs (as fat)
> for later use.

Is there anything different here than what happens to any animal at all?

Are we suggesting that, say, "nothing proves that grains are not necessary
to a wolf's diet"?

--
Stefano Vaj