[ExI] How slow is capitalism?

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Apr 28 23:02:41 UTC 2011

Il 28/04/2011 13:48, Jones Murphy ha scritto:
> Why do you like Gaddafi so much? The general level of human
> development in Libya is miserable compared to resource-poor smaller
> countries such as Singapore, Bermuda, etc.
>
> If you accumulate wealth in a small cabin in Montana or in Eastern
> Congo, Somalia, rural Afghanistan, etc, no government will detect you.
> You will be safe, able to write your manifesto. You may however have a
> small problem with criminally inclined private individuals.

The point is, Gaddafi considering Lybia his personal property (and
hoping to pass it to his sons) have saved money for the rainy days. real
money, not paper money.
Politicians in the West have not these incentives, so they usually
exploit the coffer of the government for their personal gain or their
petty projects.

Robber Barons (see Gaddafi) could sleep satisfied sometimes, but the
busybodies (see our politicians and various political activists) will
never be satisfied.

Mirco