[ExI] Efficiency of algorithmic trading

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 14:26:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 10:14 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> So without government you think the criminal bankers will reform themselves?

### Yes, of course. Without a government preventing the entry of solid
competitors, e.g. completely transparent gold deposit houses, you
would have a choice of banks, and the bad ones would soon run out of
customers to fleece.

---------------------

> Or would they become even more lawless and become like the Mafia?

### Then you would send your private police after them.

> (But I'm glad to see that you realize that shouting about abolishing
> government is a waste of breath).

### Bill, give it up :)

You can't convince me that embracing malignant stupidity (i.e.
centralized control of the society) is a good idea. Of course I will
agitate for its abolition, even though I have no hope of success.

It makes me feel both virtuous and smart. Can't beat that.

Rafal