[ExI] Astroturf - Is anything 'real' out there?

Richard Loosemore rloosemore at susaro.com
Thu Aug 4 17:07:35 UTC 2011

On 8/3/11 12:27 AM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 3:02 AM, BillK<pharos at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> With all these cashroots campaigns, "Follow the money!"  Where does
>> their funding come from? Though that can sometimes be very difficult
>> to find out.
> A rather large number of them can be traced back to George Sorros...
> at least the left leaning ones...
Laughable.

Can you cite your evidence that "a rather large number of" the
astroturfing organizations are traceable back to George Soros?

The fact that you might *prefer* the people you do not like to be
responsible for them does not change reality.

Of all the many astroturf situations I have heard about over the last
decade, the overwhelming majority were right-wing or libertarian funded.

The only time I have heard a journalist do a He-Said-She-Said and try to
mention a supposedly left-wing astroturf, to balance mention of a
right-wing one, that organisation was one that I (and many other people
I know) actually joined, and actively support with email protests ....
hence manifestly not a cashroots organization at all, but a genuine one.

Richard Loosemore