[ExI] Captchas

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 21:57:53 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM, spike wrote:
> Ja, but power lines carry only AC, so I assume the Myth Buster's experiment
> is applicable.  Another possible issue is whether Buster's artificial
> genitalia sufficiently simulates the bio variety.  I can't think of any
> reason necessarily, but it is possible that any artificial nozzle we can
> create would somehow cause larger and fewer droplets, this being less
> conductive than smaller and more numerous, thus giving hapless proles
> unfounded confidence.

The other thought that occurs to me is style of peeing.

Men don't always compete to see who can pee highest up the wall. I.e.
aiming upwards to make an arc that would break up into discrete drops.

If you are staggering drunk and desperate to release the pressure I
suspect that the style might be to lean one hand against the nearest
wall / tree and pee pretty much straight down. A straight down stream
would be pretty much a continuous conductor.

Oh, and there have also been cases of dogs and horses being
electrocuted while peeing.
e.g. against faulty street light poles.

BillK