[ExI] fun essay by penn jillette

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 17:52:23 UTC 2011

2011/8/19 spike <spike66 at att.net>

> No.  I have insufficient patience for television now.  Not enough controls
> on it.  All  TV shows need a scroll bar along the bottom for instance, to
> make them analogous to YouTubes.

That's what DVRs are for.

> Isaac’s generation will mostly grow up completely unaware of television.
> It’s dead, Jim.

 It's still a good source of content. Youtube is great, but it can't
currently fund a production like "Game of Thrones".

Speaking of mass-market entertainment, I happened to catch a movie called
"Limitless" about a guy who takes a new super nootropic drug. It was
entertaining and unpredictable--at least to my unenhanced and rather limited
intellect.

-Dave