[ExI] ai class at stanford

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Aug 22 05:45:48 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] ai class at stanford

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:01 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>> ...Have we any Lisp hipsters here?

>...I've messed with Lisp.  It's still on my resume.  I've never had a use
for it since college...until now.

Good thanks, Adrian are you willing to advise or explain to the Stanford AI
group if called upon?  Or failing that, do you have a good online reference
site or link you could suggest?

First question, what's with all those parentheses?  Are those really
necessary?  {8^D

So far, no one has objected to an open season on Stanford AI posts.  Does
anyone here need help setting up a spam filter?  In Microsloth Outlook you
can go directly under the tools menu and go into the Create Rules function,
and fix that to automatically send to the trash any topic without trashing
the other stuff that particular poster might post.  Good chance the other
mail programs have something analogous to de-clutter your inbox if you
aren't interested in AI.  Natasha, does that sound reasonable to have an
open season for specifically Stanford AI discussions here?  Sure beats
arguing over subtle meanings of twin words, ja?

Idea: during the open season, some may filter any message in which the
subject line contains both AI and Stanford.  So if you have a post which is
about either AI or Stanford but isn't about the Thrun class and you don't
want half the list dumping, just spell out in the subject line artificial
intelligence or intentionally misspell Stannford.