[ExI] ai class at stanford

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 06:10:28 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:45 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Good thanks, Adrian are you willing to advise or explain to the Stanford AI
> group if called upon?  Or failing that, do you have a good online reference
> site or link you could suggest?

I've signed up for the class.  I'd have to check some notes to brush up on it
myself.  The first place I'd point people to is those same notes.

> First question, what's with all those parentheses?  Are those really
> necessary?  {8^D

While any given example might or might not have unnecessary ones, most
of them are.  For example, where C-style languages might have "f(x)', LISP
uses "(f x)".  Similarly, instead of "a + b", you have "(+ a b)".

Skim http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CC/310/pwfong/Lisp/1/tutorial1.html for some
further basics.