[ExI] ai class at stanford

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Aug 22 09:21:23 UTC 2011

On Aug 19, 2011, at 10:03 PM, spike wrote:

> [...]

You are not doing yourself any favors using the cheaper previous version as that is not what the class will use.  The new one is much better anyway.

> This is a smart enough group, I want to see some in-depth discussions, and perhaps some criticism of the concepts.  I am hoping this class is the catalyst to get some fizz going on ExI-chat.

Criticism of the concepts and especially techniques of narrow AI (which is what this is) before you have learned them does not seem worthwhile.  If they are covering as much as stated many of us will be scrambling to upgrade rusty skill sets.

- samantha