[ExI] human level ai, was: RE: ai class at stanford

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Aug 29 21:54:45 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] human level ai, was: RE: ai class at stanford

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM, spike wrote:
> Reiteration please, if the topic wanders off of Stanford AI class, do
> adjust the subject line, thanks, since we gave that subject temporary
> papal dispensation to sin, we want to retain righteousness in other areas.

But, but, but........
Putting    'was: RE: ai class at stanford'  in the Subject field means
it still gets picked up by the stanford filters.

BillK

Hmmm, good point thanks Billk.

Proposed solution: should your subject line wander off of AI class at
Stanford, suggest a couple of ways to deal: you could just put the new
subject and eliminate ai class at Stanford.  Or you could leave the Was: Re
in there, and cut the rest, or you could leave it all in there knowing
plenty of us don't want to filter any of the content here automatically, but
want to signal the busy about the topic, so you delete when you are in a
hurry, but read when not.

Since the posters here generally display the good old fashioned genuine
intelligence as opposed to the artificial variety, I will leave it to you to
figure out how to accomplish this general goal: let's not get a ton of stuff
posted here under the subject line ai class at stanford when it does not
cover that topic.  Otherwise we will need to discontinue the experiment of
allowing temporary overposting on that generally interesting topic.

Good eye BillK.