[ExI] commentary by one of ours

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 3 19:57:23 UTC 2011

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Darren Greer

 Actually, authors and publishers are starting to use Youtube to promote,
with something called book trailers. At the risk of being accused of self
promotion, here is one my publisher did of my second novel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GwGQVHPjrc

Coooool!  Darren, there is no risk of self-promotion, for that is allowed
here, welcome in fact.  If anyone here is published on dead trees, I do hope
you take advantage of this small forum to let us know it is out there and
available.  Damien Broderick, Keith Henson, Charlie Stross and others are
published authors who are regulars here.

The work need not be transhumanist to be promoted here.  It might be
interesting to see a work of non-transhumanist nature written by someone who
feels at home hanging out on ExI.  I have seriously considered doing
something like that myself: it would be a fictionalized memoir of
experiences I had in college, using actual events but with composite
characters.  We know so many people that any attempt to tell an actual
memoir would get hopelessly complicated without the use of composite
characters.