[ExI] is a FTL drive a dream without any physics to back it up?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 23:00:58 UTC 2011

A person dared to declare to me that "a faster than light drive is a dream
without any physics to back it up."  I realize it is purely within the
realm of theory and conjecture, but I did not think it fit into the
making castles in the sky category.  This same person made the statement
that "we could build a generation ship tomorrow."

I suppose I am an optimist who firmly believes that our transhuman and
posthuman descendents will surely find a way over the next few centuries to
surpass the agonizing limitations of slower than light space travel.  I
just wanted input from the list.

John