[ExI] is a FTL drive a dream without any physics to back it up?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 23:25:43 UTC 2011

2011/12/13 John Grigg wrote:
> A person dared to declare to me that "a faster than light drive is a dream
> without any physics to back it up."  I realize it is purely within the realm
> of theory and conjecture, but I did not think it fit into the making castles
> in the sky category.  This same person made the statement that "we could
> build a generation ship tomorrow."
>
> I suppose I am an optimist who firmly believes that our transhuman and
> posthuman descendents will surely find a way over the next few centuries to
> surpass the agonizing limitations of slower than light space travel.  I
> just wanted input from the list.

Dr Kaku duscusses FTL here:
<http://mkaku.org/home/?page_id=250>
The Physics of Interstellar Travel

Conclusion:
Therefore, one cannot rule out interstellar travel if an advanced
civilization can attain enough energy to destabilize space and time.

Now, that's what I call a really big IF...........

BillK