[ExI] The Catholic Impact (was Re: Origin of ethics and morals)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 22:36:25 UTC 2011

On 21 December 2011 22:08, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> On 2011-12-21 16:37, Mirco Romanato wrote:
>
>> There are lies, damned lies and statistics.
>>

> And then there are people citing news stories as evidence.

I am myself "more worried by big organized mainstream groups like political
parties and churches pushing religious and conservative agendas", and have
not really a preference for christian fundamentalists, if they could once
more have their way in Europe and start burning witches and heretics such
as Galileo Galilei or Giordano Bruno again, over islamic ones.

But even though Mirco is not returning the courtesy by supporting to some
extent a couple of Italian weirdos who claim that *I* would be (to say the
least) a xenophobe, I think he should be taken seriously when he claims
that Europe may have after all a muslim problem, in particular as a
consequence of the import of alienated, brain-washed, desperate youth
deprived of a future in their own country, who are induced to come here, at
the same time seeking some kind or other of Eldorado and being pushed to
embrace some kind of grotesque caricature of their own identity as a way to
resist the unavoidable frustration arising from their position of
second-rate strangers in a strange land. Not so differently, after all,
from Italians emigrants in the US in the Al Capone era and later.

To bring things back on topic, I would add that such deliberate effort at
creating artificial melting pots not only is openly aimed at reducing
cultural diversity in favour of a universal way-of-life, but it helps
slowing down, as it has always been the case in slavery-based economies,
technological innovation, which is instead a typical consequence of
highly-paid, scarce manpower in more communitarian environments.

--
Stefano Vaj
 <http://int.ask.com/web?siteid=10000861&webqsrc=999&l=dis&q=w>