[ExI] Fermi question, was is a FTL drive a dream

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Dec 24 17:13:52 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 08:51:44AM -0800, spike wrote:

> Yes, there would be an absorption spectrum signature.  It doesn't just dim.
> It dims in a particular way.  We have no known candidates for an MBrain. Or

While the nodes in the cloud are low-albedo, it's going to feed back some
energy into the star. In that it would be no different than
a dusty protostellar accretion disk, other than the star
would be mature, and particle size distribution and composition
very different.

> a Dyson swarm.

Both are exactly the same thing.