[ExI] free will.

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 26 17:24:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, 12/25/11, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com> wrote:
"Or, the decision to disbelieve free will contradicts itself?  ;)"
The only way I know of to attach meaning to the noise "free will" is if it meant the inability to always predict what one will do even in a unchanging environment; others may know what you are going to do next but you won't know until the instant you actually do it. Unfortunately I have never actually heard anyone use the term with that meaning in mind (except for me). So "free will" remains just an annoying sound that human beings like to make with their mouth. Cows say "moo", ducks say "quack", and people say "free will".

  John K Clark