[ExI] Anons

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Feb 14 19:25:50 UTC 2011

On 02/12/2011 11:59 AM, Darren Greer wrote:
> Damien wrote:
>
> >The technical name for what you prefer is "corporate fascism". That
> doesn't have a really compelling history.<
>
> I agree Damien. When the definition of fascism was entered for the
> first time in the  Encyclopedia Italiano, Mussolini suggested that
> corporatism was a more accurate name for that type of arrangement than
> fascism anyway. Fascism is *by definition* the merging of business and
> government, most often accompanied by rabid nationalism and sometimes
> overt racism.
>
> But not always, which might make modern fascism difficult to recognize
> because we always assume holocaust-type ethnic cleansing comes with
> it. It doesn't. Italy followed Germany's Wannsee Conference directives
> (because it was under political pressure to do so) but not to the
> letter. For some of the war Mussolini allowed the north west of the
> country to become a kind of protectorate for Jews who had fled other
> parts of the state. The ax fell on them only after Italy fell, when
> the allies invaded the south and Germany took the north to meet them.
> I got this story from John Keegan's The Second World War, which is an
> excellent book by the way.

Actually, the Constitution was indented to limit the government to what
it expressly allows it to do.  Since it does not mention allowing the
government to meddle in the economy the way it does or to do
state-corporate minglings it is Constitutional illegal for the
government to do so.  Also, the government has to have gone far beyond
its Constitutional charter in the first place to have enough power and
money to be so attractive a target to merge with.   So it is perfectly
clear which came first in terms of culpability.