[ExI] Original list Was: Re: Call To Libertarians

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Tue Feb 22 02:10:38 UTC 2011

Dave Sill wrote:

>Why don't we just anonymize the archives for people who don't want
>their articles associated with them? Just assign them IDs like
>"Anonymous #1", "Anonymous #2", etc.

Because that's theft and breach of contract.

We original-list authors own what we wrote. As such, we (largely)
control what may lawfully be done with it. Taking our names off
doesn't change that.

Also, separately we, as a society unto ourselves, practicing
"privately produced law," stated very clearly and repeatedly that
nothing posted to the list could be used off the list without the
specific consent of the authors in question. And this list is not that list.

-- David.