[ExI] Brief correction re Western Democracies [WASI am Call To Libertarians]

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:52:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Ben Zaiboc wrote:
>>
>> Richard Loosemore wrote:
>>
>>> Would it be more accurate, then, to say that Libertarianism is
>>> about
>>
>> SUPPORTING the government funding of:
>>
>>> Roads, Bridges, Police, Firefighters, Prisons,...

Some libertarians go so far as to shorten this list to Army, Courts
and Police. There is no reason today for all roads not to be toll
roads IMHO. Why not regulate, then privatize prisons? The first fire
station in America was a libertarian establishment founded by Benjamin
Franklin. Buy fire insurance from us, and we'll fight the fire when
your house goes up. If not, we'll come and protect your insured
neighbors. THAT is libertarianism at its farthest point.

-Kelly