[ExI] Wizard Calculating Device

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 18:38:50 UTC 2011

>We compared the original with the Chinese version, and found the
manufacturing tolerances in the original were better, but that the Chinese
version was in some ways easier to disassemble to modify for racing
purposes. <

Yes, I was thinking that this morning, how the original was much smoother to
use and didn't break like the cheaper ones did. I won the local racing
competition but lost out in the regional. The Rubik's cube contests were the
first "sport" I was actually any good at. I loved my little collection. Like
most that used them for racing I guess, I'd break them down and coat the
working parts inside with vaseline in order to get it to slide better. Fond
memories. I played with it a little last night, but I don't remember how to
solve it. I'll work on it after my math test on Tuesday. They actually have
blind-folded  3X3X3 cube contests now. The champion is (or was last year) a
teenage girl in Asia somewhere. Maybe Taiwan. She can do it in under fifty
seconds.

Darren

P.S. My pet peeve re cubes were the idiots in junior high school that used
to peel off the stickers and solve it that way. A completely pointless
exercise and a waste of a good cube. :)

2011/2/28 spike <spike66 at att.net>

> [...]

*There is no history, only biography.*
*