[ExI] Computer jokes

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 8 07:05:15 UTC 2011

 Tomasz Rola wrote:

> A C programmer asked whether computer had Buddha's nature.
> As the answer, master did "rm -rif" on the programmer's home
> directory. And then the C programmer became enlightened...

"I teach UNIX" said a programer. "Oh, that's great," was the reply, "What do you teach them?"

Unix is user-friendly. It's just very selective about who its friends are.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Bad at math? Call 1-800-[(10x)(ln(13e))]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

A bad random number generator:  1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.39*10^42, 1, 1, 1

How do I love thee?  My accumulator overflows.

To be, or not to be, those are the parameters.

Daddy, what does FORMATTING DRIVE C mean?

f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng.

Isn't it odd that all the members of the Association for Computing Machinery are human?

What this country needs is a good five-cent microcomputer.

One picture is worth 128K words.

Cretin and UNIX both start with C.

Press any key...no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!

Access denied--nah nah na nah nah!

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.

Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS!

  John K Clark