[ExI] smorebrod

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Jan 21 11:16:02 UTC 2011

spike wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 03:33:47PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
>> There's a whole smorebrod buffet of hardware to take before you
>>

> That'd be Smörgåsbord, sorry. Eugen* Leitl ...

Smørrebrød, that is the Danish thing. Likely a reason they are happiest
in Europe, yet have shorter lifespans than the rest of Scandinavia :-)

Besides Natashas glamorous adventures, this thread might be a good place
to bring up transhumanistic cooking. I got "Cooking for Geeks" for
Newtonmass, and it is a brilliant way of looking at cooking. Sure, there
are many other books on they physics and chemistry of cooking, but this
one included great ideas on how to hack cooking. From making
eigenpancakes (take statistics of online recipes) to sous vide chocolate
tempering to five different methods of how to figure out what spices go
with what. After all, we do not just want to eat healthy and enhancing
stuff, we want it to taste amazingly good too.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute