[ExI] Homelessness (was Re: Social right to have a living)

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Jul 6 23:47:37 UTC 2011

On 07/06/2011 12:21 PM, BillK wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Samantha Atkins wrote:
> <snip>
>> Since you think it is all causeless manna flow then why not.  Please let us
>> know how that works out for you.    Note the countries around the world in
>> serious trouble simply because they did promise more than could possibly be
>> delivered.
>>

> As we approach the era of no jobs for humans, some form of manna will
> have to be given to the population. We are in the transition phase at
> present.

Let's wait and see on that.  This coming period has been claimed due to
automation since the cotton gin.  Yes, this time is likely different.
But don't count your AGIs just yet.  :)   There will never be a time
when there are no jobs at all for humans for the simple reason that some
things will be preferred to be done by humans, at least by other humans.

Also there is the regrettable fact that we don't have any manna to give
out right now, at least not remotely to the level that politicians who
can't or won't count have already promised to voters who can't or won't
count.

> Countries around the world are in serious economic trouble also
> because libertarian bankers understood 'freedom' to mean freedom to
> steal as much as they could get away with.

This is the most outrageously wrong statement I have read in some
time..  The economies are in trouble because almost all countries tried
to do just exactly what you say should be done which is to promise and
pass out as many goodies as possible.  I hope you like the world you
advocate.  The bankers were not the primary cause and the environment
they work under has nothing at all to do with free markets or anything
close.

- samantha