[ExI] the myth of the US "liberal media"

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:25:42 UTC 2011

On 11 July 2011 18:30, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> >There aren't many groups with the level of
> political diversity we have here from near communists, to anarchists.

Yes and no. This is certainly true in terms of old politics. Yet I am
inclined to think that transhumanism / anti-transhumanism is going to be the
real political divide of the future...

And we have preciously few neoluddites here. :-)

As to politics in the old sense, I am inclined to keep an open mind,
including for theories which are, or have become, quite out of the
mainstream. On one hand, I think we may be too quick in believing that
contemporary States are an insuperable paradigm which only can be discussed
as to their optimal functioning, and I like the freshness, creativity and
lateral thinking exhibited by the solutions envisaged by libertarians in the
"anarco-capitalist" sense. On the other, the fact that the Soviet Union did
not have the computing resources allowing a fully planned economy to
outperform the market does not mean that such a thing cannot ever be done
for some metaphysical reason.

Does the latter thing make me a "near-communist"? :-)

--
Stefano Vaj