[ExI] and speaking of exponential singularities...

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Jul 19 06:25:35 UTC 2011

On 7/19/2011 12:54 AM, Kelly Anderson wrote:

> they
> are victims of a terribly pernicious mind virus. It's very hard to
> shake. Took me 45 years to get the dang bug out of my head.

Well, congratulations for escaping--but how is it possible to adhere for
so long to a set of claims that are not only self-evidently ridiculous,
but are shown in public records to be lies and fakes? For example, the
erroneous translations from ancient languages that matched those
available for copying at the time but have subsequently been shown to be
incorrect and badly misleading? The plagiarism of such texts? The fact
(as I cited earlier) of what happened when Smith's early "translations"
were stolen, and his inability to replicate the "translation"? Not to
mention his prior criminal scams.

Were you forbidden to read such information (as the dupes of $cientology
are, I understand, and Catholics in the day of the Index)? If so, how
come this didn't strike you as rather... revealing and suspicious... by
the time you were an adult?

Damien Broderick