[ExI] rugged individualists

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 15:02:10 UTC 2011

There are very few living in used cars. The folks I've seen seem to have mostly kept their homes or been downsized to a flat. (Oh, the horror! Living in a flat! I've never owned a house and don't find living in flats to being relegated to a social netherworld.)

I'm not saying the middle class, whatever that means, doesn't suffer under statism or state capitalism. But many in that class seem to get a cut and seem to be part of the system. And many government programs -- like the ones I've mentinoed (or did light rail systems and public higher education cease when the housing market slumped?) -- seem geared to buying or keeping middle class support. The state stays in place because it can offer things like this. (Of course, at a price, but most folks ignore the price, especially when others are paying it.)

Regards,

Dan
Overthrow all governments!