[ExI] and speaking of exponential singularities...

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:53:22 UTC 2011

On 20 July 2011 12:46, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed it was designed as a money-making scheme for the leader(s).
> The current leader, Miscavige, is said to be worth over 50 million
> USD, plus he controls all the funds, businesses and real estate of the
> organisation.

That is, he would remain personally worth 50 mil if he decided to quit
tomorrow?

At least in Europe I doubt whether a church member exists, and certainly I
have never met, who has such an independent social and economic status.

But the idea was to devise an ever-growing multi-level marketing
> scheme with incentives to continually expand. Members get 10% to 15%
> commissions on the expensive courses that they sell to people. So they
> can get a good living selling courses and incidentally growing the
> business.

OTOH, it is my understanding that unless you are some sort of "testimonial"
for the church you have to climb the ladder from the bottom, and the bottom
means that you have probably spent your most of your own money before in the
courses you end up selling, relinquishing in the process your "real world"
career...

Some individuals may have so found their niche there, but it hardly looks
like an organisational success story, as long as this is not taking the org
itself anywhere.

--
Stefano Vaj