[ExI] Moon Bases Not Needed (Kevin) (Dan)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 16:00:17 UTC 2011

On 30 July 2011 11:58, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> Sufficiently advanced indifference is indistinguishable from malice.

> Clearly the growth potential at the bottom of a gravity well
> (contaminated with volatiles to boot) is limited, so as biosphere
> suffers from HANPP humanity will suffer from MANPP (machine
> appropriation of net primary productivity)

Why, fyborgs do not really need to distinguish their organic from their
inorganic parts, do they? :-)

> but by uncorking
> the bottle (assuming, no meddling tentacles reaching down
> here) you merely postpone the eventuallly inevitable by a few
> decades.

Yes, at the end the thermical death of the universe would put an end to all
that. In the meantime, what have we ever been doing sofar if not to postpone
to eventually inevitable exhaustion of resources? I simply propose to go on
this way.

--
Stefano Vaj